Today is the beginning of #MentalHealthWeek 2023! Mental Health Week is an annual awareness campaign spearheaded by the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) and aims to spread awareness and challenge stigma around mental health. This year, the theme of Mental Health Week is #MyStory.
In honor and to celebrate #MentalHealthWeek, WRSPC will be sharing content and resources throughout the week about how we can share and hold space for stories, what community-based mental health means, and how you can express and nurture your mental health. The WRSPC team will also be participating by going “beyond the bios” and sharing parts of their own story. Each team member has answered the following 5 questions:
- What is one song, movie or television show that is guaranteed to make you smile?
- Name one place, community, or situation where you feel a sense of belonging or feel most at home?
- What is your favourite self-care or stress-reducing activity or habit?
- What is an accomplishment that you are most proud of?
- Which aspect of your work gives you the greatest sense of purpose or meaning?
Each day from Monday to Thursday, we’ll be highligting a staff member and their answers on social media! In case you can’t wait, feel free to read the answers early on our blog, linked below!
WRSPC’s Mental Health Week 2023 Collection
Check back in at the end of the week to see the collection of resources and blog posts we’ve shared!
- “How to Share Your Story Safely”, WRSPC, August 2022
- “How to Hold Space“, WRSPC, May 2023
Beyond the Bios: