Our mission is to reduce suicide and its impact on individuals, families, and communities.
We envision a community where everyone is engaged in suicide prevention, intervention, and postvention.
Click here for a one-page overview of our Mission, Vision, and four key priorities.
Who We Are:
The WRSPC is a nonprofit grassroots organization from Waterloo Region that operates under the supervision of a board and influenced by the voices of our community brought forward through our advisory committee. We strive to maintain equitable representations from professionals/organizations dealing directly with suicidal behavior, associated professionals and gatekeepers, and the community (family, friends and individuals affected by suicide).
The WRSPC focuses on three key priorities for our community to achieve our vision and mission: 1) Building Sense of Community, 2) Education and Training, and 3) Organizational Capacity and Excellence.
Click here to view current staff and council members
In June 1995, a group of over 80 concerned community members and agencies held a meeting to focus on suicide prevention and mental health issues. Committees were developed and in 1997 the Waterloo Region Suicide Prevention Council was established.
The Council continues to grow, and is now recognized locally and provincially for suicide prevention activities.
Supporters and Community Partners
Without the generous, community-minded spirit of our sponsors, partners and friends past and present, the WRSPC would not be where it is today.
- 100 Men of Wilmot Who Give a Damn
- 1st Impressions Printing & Graphic Design
- 911 First Responders Baseball Tournament
- Edelweiss Tavern
- Erb & Good Family Funeral Home
- Evergreen Digital Marketing
- Jacob Ranton Memorial Basketball Tournament
- KW Legacy Group
- KW Titans
- Labours International Union of North America (LiUNA) Local 837
- Lana’s Lounge
- Martyn Johanns Memorial Golf Tournament
- May Court Club
- Mitchell Snider Memorial Golf Tournament
- Modo Yoga Cambridge
- Ontario Ministry of Health
- Ontario Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network
- Pretty by Her
- Raymond James
- Raymond James Canada Foundation
- Reach Out Awareness & Support
- Region of Waterloo Public Health and Emergency Services
- Simpson Print
- Steele Wealth Management
- Unique Boutique
- Westmount Oktoberfest Charity Pro-Am
- Numerous personal donations
Community, Provincial, an National Partners
- Cambridge Memorial Hospital
- Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington
- Canadian Suicide Prevention Coordinators Network
- Conestoga College
- Family Counselling Centre Cambridge and North Dumfries
- Front Door: Access to Child and Youth Mental Health Services
- Grand River Hospital
- Henry Walser Funeral Home
- Hospice Wellington
- Interfaith Counselling Centre
- Mental Health Commission of Canada
- National Collaborative for Suicide Prevention
- Ontario Association for Suicide Prevention
- Shalom Counselling Centre
- Suicide Awareness Council Wellington Dufferin
- Suicide Awareness Wilmot Wellesley
- The Coping Centre
- The Salvation Army
- The Waterloo Region Record
- Thresholds Homes and Supports
- University of Waterloo
- Waterloo Catholic District School Board
- Waterloo Fire Rescue
- Waterloo Region District School Board
- Waterloo Regional Police Services
- Wilfrid Laurier University