Our mission is to reduce suicide and its impact through collaboration, education, training and building a sense of belonging.
We envision a compassionate community leadership in suicide prevention, guiding the work of hope, help and healing.
Click here for a one-page overview of our Mission, Vision, and four key priorities.
Who We Are
The WRSPC is a nonprofit grassroots organization from Waterloo Region that operates under the supervision of a board and is influenced by the voices of our community brought forward through our advisory committee. We strive to maintain equitable representations from professionals/organizations dealing directly with suicidal behaviour, associated professionals and gatekeepers, and the community (family, friends and individuals affected by suicide).
The WRSPC focuses on four key priorities for our community to achieve our vision and mission: 1) Building Sense of Community, 2) Engaging Priority Populations, 3) Organizational Capacity, and 4) Growing Provincial and National Reach.
Click here to view WRSPC’s current staff and council members.
In June 1995, a group of over 80 concerned community members and agencies held a meeting to focus on suicide prevention and mental health issues. Committees were developed and in 1997 the Waterloo Region Suicide Prevention Council was established.
The Council continues to grow and is now recognized locally and provincially for suicide prevention activities.
- 2023 Annual Report
- 2022 Annual Report
- 2021 Annual Report
- 2020 Annual Report
- 2019 Annual Report
- 2018 Annual Report
Supporters And Partners
Without the generous, community-minded spirit of our sponsors, partners and friends past and present, the WRSPC would not be where it is today.
- 1st Impressions Printing & Graphic Design
- A Body in Motion Rehabilitation
- AGA Benefit Solutions Inc.
- Erb & Good Family Funeral Home
- Evergreen Digital Marketing
- Ross and Doris Dixon Charitable Foundation
- Jacob Ranton Memorial Basketball Tournament
- KW Legacy Group
- Kindred Foundation
- Mabel and Gordon McMillen Foundation
- Motel Collective
- Nestig Inc.
- Ontario Health (West)
- Pretty by Her
- Raymond James
- Raymond James Canada Foundation
- Region of Waterloo Public Health and Emergency Services
- RP Investment Advsior LP
- Silver Star Society
- Simpson Print
- Steele Wealth Management
- The Jay Hughes Memorial Foundation
- Westmount Oktoberfest Charity Pro-Am
- Numerous personal donations
Community, Provincial, And National Partners
- Bereaved Families of Ontario Midwest Region
- Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington
- Canadian Suicide Prevention Coordinators Network
- Camino Wellbeing + Mental Health
- Conestoga College
- Front Door: Access to Child and Youth Mental Health Services
- Grand River Hospital
- Hospice Wellington
- Idea Exchange
- Innovative Wellness
- Interfaith Counselling Centre
- Kitchener Public Library
- Mental Health Commission of Canada
- National Collaborative for Suicide Prevention
- Porchlight Counselling and Addiction Services
- Shalom Counselling Centre
- The Salvation Army
- The Waterloo Region Record
- Thresholds Homes and Supports
- University of Waterloo
- Victim Services of Waterloo Region
- Waterloo Catholic District School Board
- Waterloo Fire Rescue
- Waterloo Girls Minor Hockey Association
- Waterloo Region District School Board
- Waterloo Regional Police Services
- Woolwich Counselling Centre