If you are feeling suicidal… tell someone.
You are not alone. Talk to a trusted friend, a parent, a coach, a counsellor, etc.
I Need to Talk to Someone
That’s great that you have taken this first step and want to talk to someone. You may not be in an emergency, but know that you are having a tough time and need to talk. Some of these are by phone, chatting or online. Some you can visit face to face. You can use as many of these services as you want.
- Kids Help Phone (24/7) – 1-800-668-6868
- LGBT Youthline (Sunday-Friday 4pm-9:30pm EST) – 1-800-268-9688
- Good2Talk Post Secondary Student Helpline (24/7) –
- Kids Help Phone (24/7) – Text CONNET (English) or PARLER (French) to 686868
- LGBT Youthline (Sunday-Friday 4pm-9:30pm EST) – Text 647-694-4275
- Kids Help Phone (24/7) – https://kidshelpphone.ca/live-chat/
- LGBT Youthline (Sunday-Friday 4pm-9:30pm EST) – https://www.youthline.ca/#
- WES for Youth (online free counselling service – sign-up required) – https://wesforyouthonline.ca/
Walk in Counselling Services (no appointment necessary – Youth under 18)
- Mondays – 1770 King St E Kitchener 9:00am – 4:30pm (last appt 3:30pm)
- Tuesdays – 35 Dickson St, Camb 12noon – 7:30pm (last appt 6:30pm)
- Wednesdays – 1770 King St E Kitchener 12 noon – 7:30pm (last appt 6:30pm)
- Thursdays – 1145 Concession Rd Camb LANGS 9:00am – 4:30pm (last appt 3:30pm)
- Saturdays – 1770 King St E Kitchener 9:00am – 3:30pm
Other Local Resources
- Front Door Access to Child and Youth Mental Health Services – Call 519-749-2932 or visit online
- OK2BME LGTBQ Support – Call 519-884-0000 or visit online
Apps & Websites
The Always There app has been revamped to focus on one thing — making sure you have a positive chat experience. Connecting with a counsellor is easier than ever. And you’ll stay connected even if you need to answer a call or do something else on your device.
Mind Your Mind – https://mindyourmind.ca/
mindyourmind exists in the space where mental health, wellness, engagement and technology meet. We work with community partners and young people aged 14 to 29 to co-create interactive tools and innovative resources to build capacity and resilience.
Is anxiety getting in the way of your life? MindShift CBT uses scientifically proven strategies based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to help you learn to relax and be mindful, develop more effective ways of thinking, and use active steps to take charge of your anxiety.
You can use the VHB to store a variety of rich multimedia content that they find personally supportive in times of need. For example, a patient can include family photos, videos and recorded messages from loved ones, inspirational quotes, music they find especially soothing, reminders of previous successes, positive life experiences and future aspirations, and affirmations of their worth in their VHB.
Breathe2Relax is a portable stress management tool which provides detailed information on the effects of stress on the body and instructions and practice exercises to help users learn the stress management skill called diaphragmatic breathing.
Catch It is an app to help users better understand their moods through use of an ongoing diary. The app was designed to illustrate some of the key principles of psychological approaches to mental health and well-being, and specifically Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Do you want to play at your best? Are you game ready? You do drills; you practice; you scrimmage. You condition your body to play hockey. This app will help you condition your mind. It’s the mind-body check!
Also check out our list of adult / all ages resources for more resources that may help