Volunteer With the WRSPC
The accomplishments of the Waterloo Region Suicide Prevention Council are to the credit of our dedicated volunteers, whose passion, dedication and commitment is the driving force.
What do our volunteers do and what skills are needed?
The Waterloo Region Suicide Prevention Council does not provide front line assistance or counseling. We are behind the scenes making things happen. You can do as little or as much as you would like. Some examples of what our volunteers do include:
- stuffing envelopes
- data entry
- proofing/editing skills of brochures, literature
- fundraising events such as selling ribbons, selling cupcakes, hosting an event in memory of someone you have lost to suicide
- planning events such as World Suicide Prevention Day
- gathering prizes for our annual golf tournament and bowlathon fundraisers
- speaking engagements
- host a fundraiser
Skills the Council is in need of currently:
- fundraising assistance
- grant writing for special projects and ongoing funding
- planning educational events/seminars
If you are interested in volunteering please contact: 519-884-1470 ext 2151 (leave a message).
“Volunteerism is the voice of the people put into action. These actions shape and mold the present into a future of which we can all be proud.” –Helen Dyer