Volunteer With the WRSPC
The accomplishments of the Waterloo Region Suicide Prevention Council are to the credit of our dedicated volunteers, whose passion, dedication, and commitment is our driving force.
What do our volunteers do and what skills are needed?
The Waterloo Region Suicide Prevention Council does not provide front line assistance or counseling. We are behind the scenes making things happen. Some examples of what our volunteers do include:
- Stuffing envelopes / resource package preparation
- Data entry / excel work
- Proofing/editing of brochures, literature, newsletters
- Hosting your own fundraising events such as selling ribbons, selling cupcakes, hosting an event in memory of someone you have lost to suicide
- Assisting with planning events such as World Suicide Prevention Day or free community skates
- Gathering prizes for our annual fundraisers
- Attending our events to sell our My Life Matters T-shirts or assist at our information booths
If you are interested in volunteering please contact Amanda Demmer, Program Coordinator: 519-884-1470 ext 2158 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Volunteerism is the voice of the people put into action. These actions shape and mold the present into a future of which we can all be proud.” –Helen Dyer